Sometimes I find myself in not such a good place. I am a very "unfake" person, so if you are unfortunate enough to catch me in of these moments, I apologize. I have so much going on i really have to get it out somewhere or I'm gonna shoot myself.
So Jim got this new job where he travels alot. I talked to my mom before he ever accepted the job to see if she'd be willing to stay here and use or house as a homebase of sorts, basically living here while he was gone to help me with the kids. She was all gung-ho green light about it. Basically she said anytime Jim was out of town she would stay here with me, as long as Jim left his truck for her to use to drive back and forth to work.
When he first got the job he was informed that his regional sales meeting in Florida would be the second full week in Feb. I told my mom about this and she wrote it down. Then Jim had another trip scheduled before that to South Dakota. She informed me that should be no problem, she'd stay here, etc...
Ok so I should have known better than to believe a damn word that comes out her mouth, b/c she is FAMOUS for pushing me off for taking other responsibilities that PAY HER MONEY. No fault in that, but even if she's promised me she'll do something, if another opportunity comes her way she takes it w/o any regard for what she's promised me. We are on the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to her commitment level.
So Jim gets ready to leave for South Dakota and the arrangement was for me to pick my mom up Sunday night, have her staying until Weds night when Jim was supposed to be back. I had no reason to check in or see if anything had changed, b/c she usually calls me if anything is different.
So I call her right before getting ready to pick her up on Sunday and I hear the infamous "uhhhhh" tone that predicates her changing everything on me and invariably pissing me off.
APPARENTLY the man she cleans houses for and housesits had a "family emergency" and had to fly out to Chicago on a whim and asked her to watch the house and his dogs. AND SHE SAID YES despite promising me the help while Jim was gone. But could she come right out and just SAY THAT?? No. It was about five minutes of irrelevant information that I could really give a flying rat's ass about to get her to spill WTF her point was.
"Sooooo....you can't come and stay here now?"
"No nononono it's not that, I can stay i just have to do .... (by this point I've tuned her out b/c she was really pissing me off)
"You know what mom, I'll call you later, I have to figure out how all this is going to work now that every thing's changed"
"OH it's exactly the same except (insert six billion things that are NOT the same)"
So I wind up calling her back and telling her nevermind, thanks anyway, but we'll be fine here by ourselves.
After having the night from HELL on Sunday night I call her and change my mind. She was able to come over and help for awhile, which was better than nothing, but she really wasn't much help at all.
So South Dakota came and went, and we were fast approaching Jim's Florida trip. She fills out a whiteboard calender (which never has the correct information) showing her work schedule and any housesitting responsibilities she has.
So she fills this "calender" out and there are CIRCLES around the week of when Jim was gone. Circles around a date means she is HOUSE SITTING!!!
so yeah, ask me if I'm getting ANY HELP at all next week while Jim is gone...
I told Jim about this and he was PISSED. He only felt right about leaving me knowing my mom was here to help me
*sigh*
well, hopefully his paycheck will bring me some comfort (LOL)
so wish me luck next week, I'm gonna need it.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment