Monday, February 4, 2008

dooooode

So i DROVE to pick Robbie up from school...I had promised him earlier in the day he could ride his bike to school without thinking that I had no way to lock it up once we got there. I looked around for a padlock or something we could use and came up empty handed, so I told Robbie we'd have to walk. *cue crying child*

"Ok ok, tell you what....mommy will pick Robbie up from school in the car and we'll drive to Target and get a bike lock so you can ride tomorrow"

*cue child calming down*

So I go to the van to get Sonya and Jason in their carseats and low and behold! There ARE no carseats in there. Jim had borrowed my van to ship a buttload of stuff he had ebayed and took EVERY baby seat out of my van....and didn't put them back. Well, my timeframe did not budget for replacing seats in the van, so I was late picking up Robbie.

I get the kids into the car after getting him from class and notice he has a really nice fruit loop necklace from class. "OH that's right, it was the 100th day of school today! How exciting did you make that during your party?"

THE PARTY I WAS SUPPOSED TO VOLUNTEER FOR AND COMPLETELY FORGOT????

*smacks forhead*

whooops.

So off to Target we go to buy this bike lock. My son's teacher was holding a bunch of "100" pencils to give to the children to take home and Sonya points and says "Mrs. Gill pencil pweeeeeze?"

so yeah, she got a pencil. No big deal EXCEPT...

she wore her glittery princess shoes that she's famous for tripping and eating pavement in.

We get to Target and pull into the parking spot, I get Jason out of the carseat and since we are only buying one thing I figure the older two can walk while the baby sits in the cart.

I open the car door and Robbie throws a fit over something ( I honestly can't remember what it was even) and Sonya freaks out b/c I tell her that the pencil needs to stay in the car....

*cue screaming tantrum kids*

"YOU KNOW WHAT??? This behavior is UNACCEPTABLE. If you can't learn how to behave in public, we will not GO ANYWHERE in public. GET BACK IN THE CAR"

*cue screaming tantrum kids*

so yeah, we didn't go to Target.

I call Jim from the parking lot and tell him "the kids are being brats. YOU are going to buy a lock for Robbie's bike today"

*fast forward to 10:30 pm*

Me: Hey, I forgot to ask you, did you get Robbie's bike lock?

Him: No

Me: WHAT?? Why not??

Him: It's gonna be too cold to walk tomorrow

Me: Wait, so you decided on your own without talking to me that we were NOT walking, therefore you did NOT need to stop and get a bike lock

Him: *silence*

SOOOOO it's now 9am on Turesday....

(rhetorical question time)

Ask me if Robbie is riding his bike to school today....

No comments: